- Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs,
- dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with
- the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject
- to the same diseases, heal'd by the same means,
- warm'd and cool'd by the same winter and summer
- as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed?
- If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us,
- do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?
- If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that.
- If a Jew wrong a Christian, what is his humility?
- Revenge. If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his
- sufferance be by Christian example? Why, revenge.
- The villainy you teach me, I will execute,
- and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.
- Act III, scene I